Guitar Ensemble of Meridian

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Stepped down...

Over. Handed over our "duties, chores" to the next generation. The secretary started to record minutes, the treasurer started to collect money, quarter master shall start her job tomorrow, publicity head got her notice board keys. Everything is near settled. Tomorrow, I'm gonna hand over the guitar file to Seah YiLin? Do I need to? I have no idea, anyway, it had served its purpose, and perhaps it's time to have a change of master! Wahaha!

As the saying goes, qing chu yu lan, sheng yu lan. I can see bonds already existing within the new comm. I'm sure they will do an excellent job in running the ensemble. 3 cheers!

A brief introduction of the members,

Chairman, we have none other than Er-hem, Section 5, Huan Yu!
Vice Chairman, or rather, vice chair person, Angela!
Secretary, our very own Seah Yi Lin. (seriously, with the Seah, it sounds much nicer and it adds an identity.)
Treasurer, Vernise!
Student conductors, MJC very own Guitar 3 Leon, and Guitar 7, Ryu!
Publicity, Vimala.
Section leaders, Siti Raudhah and Shawn!
Of course, not forgetting the one normally behind the scenes, but of utmost importance, the quarter master --> Joyce!

A round of applause for the newly elected comm!

Will there be an OFFICIAL handing over CEREMONY? Won't it be cool? Come on, it already sounds cool didn't it? Lol!

Added..

It's unofficial, however, the baton is passed. Seah YiLin had embarked on her very first guitar minutes. This started the ball rolling for her, in her 2 years to come as GEM 2nd secretary. This also signifies the end of my journey, and I do hope for greener grass laying ahead of my life. Anyway, perhaps due to the fact that the new comm appears so trustworthy and all, I have not a single tinge of worry inside of me. I have faith in them that they will be able to run the ensemble to a much greater height and also, hit or perhaps, even exceed their potential.

The end of my time as a secretary, seems to come with mixed emotions. In the beginning, I do feel sad that it's Over! However, coming to my senses, who could be secretary of a School's CCA forever? Nobody! Unless if I retain in MJC for the rest of my life? Come on, get real! Furthermore, the fact that the baton had been passed to someone of high efficiency, and so on and so forth, it is certain that it is left in good hands. Yup!

However, I suppose no damage will be done if we revisit them over the period of the next year as and when we like. Therefore, I suppose it will be much of a relief as we could still be in touch with guitar practices, and more especially, the friends we made along the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home