Guitar Ensemble of Meridian

Monday, May 02, 2005

Orientation for first Intake

Guitar Orientation [Jan]

Wednesday, January 19, 2005


Well, firstly, before the orientation, I was paranoid! I have the image that only 10 people will turn up and i was afraid that they will not enjoy the games! I was also afraid that their enthusiasm will not be able to come out ! i was afraid of this and that lor, almost everything. Anyway, here's the orientation !

2.30 was the suppossed time to gather, was relieved to find that quit a number of people turned up! After the final count abt half an hour later, there was 43 people whom came, decked in their t-shirt and school skirts / pants / shorts. Mrs choong gave a speech while we went to grab a bite. (we meaning the helpers ba) We were suppossed to meet at abt 3 back at f 4-1, but i went back there early, mainly cause i need to sort out the Cows (yay ! we won the chair game WITHOUT CHEATING remember !), Pigs, Cats and the dogs! Upon settling the arrangement, roughly knowing where the venues of the games, we went into the room for some brief introduction of the helpers (Mrs Choong speech also just finished) I sorta talk a bit of stuff to the jc1s, mainly is to get them started. Haha ~ i like this phrase !

"My senior once told me, Cca is the main thing that keep u going in this boring jc cirriculum, so u people might as well make more friends, get to widen ur social circle with guitar, and this can start now! "

After that, due to time constraint, they have to get into their own groups by making some sound. Can tell that they were definitely not very enthu at that moment. Piggy !! why got 2 groups! scare me! thought i included too many cats. Haha, heng eventually they found their lost pigs, so everything was still quite okie at this point of time. Followed the time and everything was going on smoothly!

Next, they were to get into their groups, to start introducing each other, and also to play their group game. well, the intro part was done in 10 mins. No choice, otherwise will overrun. Therefore, I suppose it was quite rush. Fortunately, 1 grp only got 10 or 11 peeps, so it is still quite alright, as in lesser groups, so it's better and easier to know the names then orientation where groups can be as big as how many 41? haha, or 21 ? Yup! that was the introduction...

One regret was that i didn't go and play with my cowwies! I was thinking when do I need to go get the chairs to prepare for the main event! Thus, was like walk walk around, see every room, take a peek at how enthu the people are. Went to play big wind blow, should be blow wind blow ma, how can direct translate from chinese one ? haha, hmm quite quiet, but at least everyone is involved!

Headed to untung's room to play concentration! I personally love the game a lot a lot ! Even though when play long I will luan4 one, however, it is a fun fun game! For that little while, can see that the people know the name! Not bad wor! Heehee, okie, I played concentration first, before playing blow wind blow. In the middle of blow wind blow, I pullee Jun Yi to carry chairs and arrange them in rows of 4, with 7 chairs for each row. haha ~ thanks man! That was the preparation for the ensemble games. Haha till now still got the scared scared feeling that "what if they don`t find it nice?" Haha, anyway ...

They came down for the enseble games, about time too. Were late for about 10 mins. I am really really short! I need to stand on a chair to brief them! Haha! See i so ke lian. Anyway, told them the rules of the games. At first still thought it cannot be done, but wow! They did it! Haha! So shuang! Basically, the first game is the "name-game." People were to stand on the chairs, and arrange themselves according to their names, followed by height, followed by their birthdates. Eeee! cats cheat! At least for the height confirm they cheat! Then got the b'dae. Haha, i think they cheat too! Confirm la ~ not think ~ hahaha ~ eee ~ haha but think at this point of time, interaction is high high high ! haha ! yup ~

After that is the "chair game" as in, they have to move the chairs from 1 place to another place, the strategy of this is actually, hold your people close, move 2 chairs at once, situate them a far as possible. 2 person cross at a time, support each other. Ok la, they not as close YET, but well, they shocked me la! Their teamwork is better than i thought! Cows emerged as the winners fair and square! Without the help of Johanna, Dody and me lor, so unlike who ar? jk, cy, ut, and more ! Haha, anyway, Cows rox la! Motivated by the helpers whom is always cheering them on, haha, think they find the game fun! And played with spirit, with communication and all! Haha happy! Oh yah, after cows won, I still did something i wanted to do for a long time! You know when a soccer player scores, they can celebrate de ma, then last time, when security is not that high, they can walk to every front row spectators and like give them each a high 5! Haha, yup! That's what i did to the cowieees! Haha ~ heehee ~ woohoo ~~ was so high ~ hahaha ~ proud of them! Developed good mo qi so fast! Haha ~

Actually, by right, the next game should be human entanglement. But well, I sorta forgot, and we ended up playing dog and bone! However, thinking back, maybe this was a good thing too! Haha ~ cause the effect might not have been the same if the game was entanglement! Well all the games that we played, I personally like all of those games! hahahaha ~ :p yup~ so fun ma! and yah, dog and bone, cow and pig together, and cats and dogs together, well, 9 - 6 won by cats and dogs! Haha, anyway, all of them are champions! Champions! Champions! Haha, oh well, that's the end of the games. They were so high lor! So fun, enjoying themselves I suppose.

Said some words to them again. jk mentioned abt alhena. Haha, then i only said alhena rox wor! Then so many vega cheers liao -_-" diaox! Haha ~ but heng cut them off with the 3 cheers and 3 cheers and 3 cheers for guitar ensemble! Hip hip HOORAY ! Hip hip HOORAY ! Hip hip HOORAY! Hahaha! Yup, after that, went up to the room to settle things, then Mrs Choong was like asking the jc 1s to giv us a cheer. Haha all so quiet ~ lol ~ dotx ~ then heng got a guy lead the 3 cheers again ~ heehee ~ so yah lor ~ haha ~ i like the event that followed. I always wanted to lead this, well not that i didn't get to lead this before, in fact haha i think there's quite a lot of times that i done this in ncc and grp 6, haha ~ that is ..

give guitar ensemble 1 clap * give guitar ensemble 2 claps ** give guitar ensemble 11 claps ** *** **** ** Guitar ensemble! Well only 1 jc 1 shouted this with me! hahaha, so funny, that must be someone from ncc! I'm bias! Haha well, that sort of round up the stuff. Then the jc 1s came to hear us play once concerto! Haha, was like playing until very shuang! Haha! Jun Yi's og mate told him that she enjoyed it cause it was very fun! Haha hope all the jc 1s think this way, and this can be considered a great success!

Hopefully, ALL the jc 1s enjoyed themselves like i did! Hmm, I sincerely think they did! Thanks so so so much for the helpers whom spent their time devoting to this orientation, cause they have to sacrifice their time for practice u know.

Guitar Ensembl rox! I say we rox.. I say we rox . I say we rox rox rox rox rox ~ hahaha ~ :P woohoo ~ yippiee ~

* p r O m i S e *
+ m a D e a w i s H + @ 6:35 PM |


post orientation review..

Wednesday, January 19, 2005


Well, I really think this orientation is a success from my point of view. The "aims" have fun, make more friends, and simply enjoy themselves," I have to say that they are all achieved! so well, it's definitely a success and a roaring start to their guitar career i hope.

Other than that, i really have to credit the helpers, mainly Iun Yi, Cheryl, Cheng Yao, Untung, David, Chee Kiat, Bibi, Dody, Johanna,, Eric and well Jun Kit. (but Jun Kit went there to play only la :p) Haha! Bleahx! Without them, this would definitely not succeed ~ So really, thanks guys! You were great!

Some evaluations about myself. Firstly, Mrs Choong say i speak too fast.
My reasons
1. there is a strich time limit of 1 hour to complete all the games.
2. haha i think i usually speak this fast.
3. i am a bit nervous u know!

Other than that, I am sometimes blur, very blur, and i also like sometimes, I don't know what I am talking about! Well, mainly cause i don't know very well the plans too! Okie la, main things i know, but i didn't prepare a script to say ma! Only prepare some good quotes i want to use! Haha! Bleahx! yup!

Hmmm, otherwise, haha well, I think other stuff is quite alright la!

It's been quite a long while since I never see the leader inside of me. However, it's good that I know it is still there! Haha I knew it! I can only lead juniors! Haha! Yah! Must be it! Heehee ~ I like juniors la. Cannot blame me! Haha, they make me feel younger and more sporty! Haha ~ really! :p heehee! Well, other than that, I think Ireally need to work on my communicaions. how could i use chinese? This is not cchs leh! Haha! Hmmm well, xi guan le hard to change le la yah. Finally can sleep tonight! Haha ~ rather pleased with myself today!

Heehee, think eventually will be able to know some juniors in the weekly wednesday sessions de ba! Haha, so should be fine. Haha. Hmm, hopefully they still know me lor! A hi or 2 while walking in the canteen would be great! Definitely will make my day! Heehee =>


post post orientation ..

Thursday, January 20, 2005


Well just wanna add another phrase.
"I won`t ask u people, if u enjoyed yourselves, neither will I ask whether u had fun, I won't ask if you found the games interesting, neither will i ask u if u got to know more people. This is due to that i know that you people had fun, you people found the games interesting, you people enjoyed yourself and you people definitely made more friends!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home